See this right here?
That is the image of the last item on my summer manifesto being checked off, a respectable four days before the first day of fall. We saw Toy Story outdoors, and since Joey is a little young for that kind of thing, we turned it into a proper night out, with a babysitter and a restaurant and everything!
Of course, I kinda took it easy blog-wise this summer, partly because I was so busy taking care of this list. That of course means that there's not lots of evidence of my summer on my blog! Thank goodness for Instagram.
- Go camping: check!
- Spend lots of time at the splash park: check!
- Go to an outdoor movie: check!
- Go to a minor league baseball game: check & check! We went to a Daytona Cubs game and a Frederick Keys game. So fun both times!
- Drink wine on the back deck after dark: this was so easy it almost doesn't count.
- Buy corn at the farmer's market: somehow, no photo of this. And it only happened once, sadly, due to our semi-complicated one-car-and-busy-schedules situation, but I made a fresh corn salad and it was delicious.
- Eat lots of watermelon: check! (For proof I reference this post again.)
- Watch fireworks—or at least play with sparklers in the backyard: I totally didn't expect this one to happen, but it DID. On my birthday, no less. Which totally just goes to show that this summer was magical.
- Sew a summer dress: guys, I made a dress and two shirts for me, and a dress for my sister. I've been meaning to share them here forever but it requires taking pictures of myself so it hasn't happened yet.
- Enjoy my little garden: ok, the weeds totally won in the end, but before they pushed through, I definitely loved my garden. See here, here, here, here, and here.
- Go to a Capitol concert (one of my favorite parts of Chris's job!): we made it to a few of these, including one where Chris was soloing, which was basically the best ever, and one where my awesome friend Hiram was soloing, which was also so good.
- Go to the beach: check!
- Wear sunscreen: I spent ten days in Florida and only got the tiniest of sunburns right around the edges of my swimsuit. YEAH.
- Get a library card: I have no photographic evidence of this whatsoever, but I promise it happened.